Saturday 30 October 2010

Last rose of the year

 I found this solitary little bloom just outside my kitchen door. She is making a very determined show of hanging onto summer.


The hydrangeas are hanging on too, but autumn is taking over....




I love the blue and pinks and greens in the leaves...gorgeous.




It is a beautiful Saturday here in West Yorkshire. Bright and sunny and even warm. I have been rather ill with a virus this week so it is really healing to have some sunshine. Little Boy and very, very old cat are making the most of it......



I have begun yet another striped blanket....a Christmas present for my Mum. She loved the granny stripes I had made but I wanted to do something different this time and chose a zig-zag stripe. I started it about week ago and it is really growing. I don't think it works up as fast as the granny stripe, but it is nice and rhythmic and easy to do.





I am using Stylecraft Special dk yarn once again as I think it makes lovely blankets. They are light but very warm. I must get this finished soon as I am also making a granny square blanket for my sister! I have started it but still needs a lot more work......



The colours are not terribly accurate in this photo...they are more autumnal, with dark greens and rusts. But you get the idea!

The problem is....yes, I've had another wool delivery from my new favourite yarn supplier. I have found this gorgeous cable pattern by Ysolda Teague and just can't wait to get started....


It is knit in the round. I am beginning with three double-ended needles and then will change to a circular one. I could't help myself this morning....I started experimenting with the tubular cast on method that Ysolda recommends and after ripping it out a couple of times I finally got it. Here is the beginning.....




You can see the blue yarn I have used in the tubular cast on. This will be pulled out once I have finished the rib. But that will have to wait, the crochet is calling.........enjoy your weekend x

1 comment:

  1. Makes me want to take up crochet again Andrea!
    We still have some lovely yellow roses on the allotment; what a lovely autumn it has been.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment here - I love to read what you have to say! x