Tuesday 5 July 2011

Getting better

Hello dear ladies! It's a beautiful sunny morning here in Yorkshire and I am feeling fitter every day. I have had such lovely comments and emails about my health so I thought I would give you an update.



As you can see I am smiling (in this photo taken by Little S. I've kept this one small so as not to scare you!) The antibiotics are finished (yay!) and I managed to walk to the park on Sunday afternoon after watching Rafa lose his title (sob). It is over the other side of the village and I found it quite tiring but could settle down and do some trashy mag reading while Little S entertained himself doing what boys do...





I walked to school yesterday to collect my son. This is a walk I usually do most days but it was the longest walk I had done after the op. It is about a mile in total and a lot of it uphill! I took it very gently, collected the boy and walked home slowly. I passed these lovely allotments and had to take a pic. I love allotments. There is always something going on in them, regardless of the season.



I got home and totally crashed on the sofa but I did the walk again today and am feeling better.

Of course, everyone knows that what one really needs when convalescing is....




This is such an easy recipe that I have even written it out for you!
Yoghurt pot cake

1 measure = 1 small yoghurt pot or plastic cup  

Heat oven to 180C

You will need;

1 measure of natural yoghurt

3 measures of plain flour with 3 heaped teaspoons of baking powder OR 3 measures of SR flour and 1 heaped teaspoon of baking powder

1/2 measure of sugar

2 free range eggs

1/2 measure of clear oil of your choice

Put all ingredients into a bowl and blitz with an electric mixer (or food processor). It should be quite a thick, sticky dropping consistency. If it isn't dropping add a little milk or more oil.

Bake in a prepared loaf tin or in muffin/cake cases. I used quite a small muffin tray and got about 20 muffins so this mix goes a long way. Bake muffins for about 15-20 minutes until cooked through. Cool and scoff!

Apparently they also freeze well.

Some ideas for flavourings....

1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 handful of raisins/dried fruit
1 handful of choc chips
cocoa powder
1 chopped apple with some cinnamon powder
mashed banana
glace cherries
almond essence
mixed seeds
frozen berries
etc etc

Incredibly easy and very delicious!

Off to enjoy the sunshine now. Enjoy your day xxx


 

24 comments:

  1. Yum, those cakes look delicious!! Glad to hear you are on the mend....

    S x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you're on the mend. I'm sure this lovely weather will be helping with your recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to hear you are getting out and about! Magazines and wee buns! What more could a girl ask for?! Cx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to make your muffins today... I like an easy peasy recipe. Very pleased you are on the road to recovery... sending you healing thoughts x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the recipe looks like a nice one to try. Glad you are up,and getting out and feeling better each day. We have had some lovely warm sunny days lately haven't we?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hola. Me alegro mucho que te estés recuperando y más ahora que estamos en verano, los días son alegres y calentitos y puedes comer pastelitos en el jardín.
    Un saludo. Susana.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmm, thank you for the recipe, I think I'll try these for breakfast tomorrow.
    So glad to hear you are able to get out and about a little more now. As it turned out, I saw maybe 30 minutes of Wimbledon altogether, I expect you managed more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was nice to hear from you again! It has been a busy start of summer here, so little time for blogging... I hope you are feeling better now, take care and take it easy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, there's nothing like baking and enjoying some sweets to speed the healing process! So glad you're out and about and gathering more strength. You'll be tip top in no time. Take good care :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice to SEE you, you don't look scary at all you look lovely. You should see me first thing in the morning with serious bed hair - now that is scary - postmen and Amazon delivery men have run for cover.

    Take it easy don't overdo things, a mile is quite a jaunt so soon after an op. Mmm will have to try those little cakes they look scrupmtious.

    So feet up in your pretty blue Crocs and RELAX. Things will be back to frantic soon enough!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Opps I can spell SCRUMPTIOUS honest!

    ReplyDelete
  12. One glass of wine and my keyboard can't spell - I obviously can't spell OOPS.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Think i have missed a few posts. Sorry to hear you have not been well but happy so see and hear your on the mind. Those cakes looks yummy. take is easy, dee x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you are on the mend - just keep taking it slowly :)

    Lovely to see Little S being allowed to have some freedom - so many children aren't allowed by their parents to climb tree which is such a shame.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nothing like a good walk!! And those look so yummy, thanks for the recipe : )

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad to hear that you are doing better! Pot cakes look yummy(and healty too!); can't wait to go home and give it a try for my 2 year old son...Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yeah!! It's a really good sign when you can manage walks Andrea.
    Lovely post.
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow! I missed the post about you being in the hospital! SO sorry to hear about that, but so glad you are feeling better! Those muffins look delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. we are croc twins!
    Very glad to hear that you are on the mend :-) xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. So glad to hear (and see!) you are on the road to recovery!
    Lovely photos of you and yours, and great recipe - will be trying that out, thanks for sharing!

    Take care Andrea
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm glad you are better, I wish you to be cured and just like before very soon.
    Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Andrea, so good to have you coming back and recovering! I love that smiling picture of you, it is great. Take your time recovering and may be crochet a little along...?

    Sending you health and sunshine,
    love Maaike

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nice to see you smiling. I'm glad you are out and about again.
    Thanks for the recipe, looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm delighted that you are up and about, feeling positive and cheery :) I love your brightly coloured silicon bakeware. Sending you much love, tea and get-better-now-wishes, Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment here - I love to read what you have to say! x