Hello dear ladies - thanks for stopping by and thank you for all the comments you have left me. They make my day :)
It has been a hectic week. I returned to work after a long period of absence - gently though, just three half days. Even so, I have been so tired in between and all the plans I had for hooking and quilting and blogging just went out of the window! I have to say that everyone at work has been so very kind and welcoming and have made my return a very happy one. But the very best thing about returning to work is that it means I am well again! Yay! And all you lovely people who have visited me and encouraged me and left comments have played a big part in the healing process, so big love to you all!
I did manage to do some stuff though. The fabulously foody Sue at The Quince Tree inspired me to make some of these beauties.......
Nutella cakes! How perfect is that combination? They were easy, delicious and were even enjoyed by The Mr who doesn't really like cakes (I know, alien). The recipe can be found here. Go on, give them a try. You know you want to :)
I recently had the honour of receiving not one but THREE lovely blog awards from three very lovely ladies. I can't do them all in one post so this is the first.....
The very lovely Jane at Hook and Yarn awarded me this
Thank you Jane!
I'm not sure what the protocol is for this award - I think I have to list some facts about myself (gulp...here goes)
1. I appeared in the title credits of a music show on TV called The Tube. A guy came up to me and asked if I wanted to be on TV - I told him where to go as I thought he was chatting me up! Turned out he was serious so I got a 'punter's pass' and went to the studio every week to see all these amazing 80s bands! I also met and chatted with Jules Holland and a very pregnant Paul Yates (who was still with Bob and didn't even drink in those days, let alone do drugs). Ah halcyon days, when I was young, skinny and beautiful!!!!
2. I don't drink anymore. I used to love real ale, then was into wine for a few years and probably used to drink quite a bit - not overdoing it but certainly enjoying it. I was quite a party animal. I stopped drinking when pregnant and never really started again! The Mr gets a bit frustrated about this because he would like to share a bottle of wine with me now and again but I have lost all interest in it. The last time I had alcohol was the Christmas before last!
3. My favourite subjects at school were (in this order) art, English literature and history. I still love these subjects today.
4. I wanted to be an artist. I wanted to go to art school but didn't. I don't know why. I did eventually study to be an art historian at the age of 28 (late developer).
5. I get really mad about 'rogue apostrophes' and the tendency to use capital letters for everything...it drives me crazy!!!
6. I love pop up books. I saw a fantastic exhibition of pop up books in Manchester once...I was absolutely bowled over by the intricacy and beauty of these very complex works of art.
7. I hate my feet. It is only in the last couple of years that I wear sandals in public because I have always considered my feet to be ugly. Certainly I have seen feet a lot worse than mine but if there was one part of my body I could change, it would be my plates of meat (so that's two parts then).
8. I love puzzles. Cryptic crosswords (especially the Guardian, especially Araucaria in the Guardian), jigsaw puzzles, sudoku....any puzzle really.
9. My favourite two books are Jane Eyre and Wuthering Heights. I read a huge amount on a wide range of subjects but I would say that these two continue to be my favourites. Both dark and gothic, brutal and passionate but utterly magnificent and spellbinding.
10. I am an expert on Jack the Ripper! I have read pretty much every book written and watched every film made about Jack. Don't ask me why! Call me macabre but I am just fascinated.
Now the difficult part! Given the name of the award, I have chosen blogs that cover bits of all sorts of things....
Kelly at Handmade at Home
Brand new mum at Fantasy Landscape
Sandra at Just So
Stacey at Bakercourt (check out those cakes!!!)
More blog awards to follow. Enjoy your week xxx