Saturday 19 November 2011

Sweet treats

Good morning dear ladies! I hope you are enjoying your weekend.

Thanks for your comments to my last post - I hope that some of you try the recipes.

As many of you will know, it was Children in Need yesterday and at work we always have a huge auction to raise funds. I donated some genealogy research and I made up my regular boxes of treats as they always raise quite a bit of money. I first saw these a couple of years ago on the Heal's site and was amazed at how expensive they were. I knew I could make them much cheaper so I thought I would share this idea for really pretty sweet boxes (in time for Christmas!.

Take one or several clear plastic bead boxes - any size but they must be clear (you'll see why). Add a selection of colourful, old fashioned sweets - cherry lips, love hearts, licorice allsorts, jelly beans etc etc. Fill up the compartments and close. And you have this.....







How pretty are these? You can also employ a child to help you make them - I'm sure there would be no shortage of vounteers!!

You can replace some of the sweets with little gifts like hair bobbles or little cars. Or if you want a more grown up version you can use fancy chocolates, sweets in foil wrappers, sugared almonds and dragees (silver almonds). 

The boxes are available from craft shops or online.

Enjoy your weekend! xxxx

10 comments:

  1. Love these Andrea, they would be great for my Nieces....will have to look out for these boxes :0)
    Jacquie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the idea must keep that in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sweetie box idea! And I just had to tell you I made up some of your wood cleaner today, and polished my kitchen table and even the hand rail on the stairs and the finials, which were pretty grey in truth. The spray polish I occasionally (!) use just covers it up, but your mixture has cleaned them beautifully as well as putting a gleam on. They look better than they have in years. Thank you for sharing the recipe!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Andrea. it all looks amazing. you are good. Not sure you should be giving all your trade secrets away though. Sx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Andrea,
    what a great idea, and especially to know before Xmas! I think I mite give one of these a go!!
    Kate ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crochet with Raymond24 November 2011 at 17:27

    this is such a great idea, I know many children who will love to receive something this colourful and yum!
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh so simple but so effective! Great idea

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful idea,I want one right now,gosh I have not had a dolly mixture for years

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello! I'm giving my littlest cousin a gingerbread-making kit (with a gingerbread man cutter, a mixing bowl, and some ready-made gingerbread biscuit dough) and I HUNTED HIGH AND LOW for a box like this in all of my local shops for gingerbread man decorating bits. I'm sorry to say that they didn't have any (although they are quite available online!) and the little 'un is just going to get an assortment of Dr Oetker bottles!! Love your idea, so clever and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea!
    And what a lovely blog you have...I will visit you again!
    /Ann-Britt

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment here - I love to read what you have to say! x