I logged on this morning to find that the lovely (and very kind) Angie from Le Monde de Sucrette has awarded me this....
I am absolutely thrilled and am very grateful to Angie for thinking of me. I haven't been blogging long at all and so it is wonderful that I have lovely followers and have new blog-friends who drop by and leave comments. Lovely!
Ok...so 7 things about me.....mmmm
1. I love the sound of yarn in cellophane. There is something totally gorgeous about the crackling sound made by handling a new package of yarn. I could hang around yarn shops all day just to hear that!
2. I became a mum for the first (and only) time at 42! I had the best midwife, who told me she had her last child at 43 and not to consider myself old. Little S has brought so much joy and happiness into my life and, despite 42 years without him, I now cannot imagine what life was like before him. He is the beat of my heart. A big hurrah to 'older' mums everywhere!
3. My mum taught me to knit when I was very young. She makes the most stunning Aran sweaters. I remember my sister and I as young children being forced into matching knitwear and hating it but I am so pleased I learned that skill because it has given me years of yarn happiness. Thanks Mum!
4. I recently traced my family tree and discovered that a direct ancestor on my father's side was a clock maker in the 1700s. My mother's family originate from Fair Isle in the Shetlands. I plan to visit there some day. So if your name is Eunson, or Younson, or Eunsen, or Youngson....we may be related!
5. I love films. I am very happy with a cup of tea, doing some crochet or knitting, and watching a good film. I particularly love old films....Breakfast at Tiffany's is a favourite, with the beautiful Audrey Hepburn......
6. I am blessed by having the most wonderful, amazing, insightful, creative and funny sister! She is my soul mate and we have shared and supported each other through good and bad times. I usually speak to her daily and we can talk for hours! Although we live in different parts of the country now, we are still as close as ever. That is her on the right......
7. I am mad about all things Scandinavian....glassware, ceramics, fabrics etc. Maybe it is my Fair Isle/Norwegian heritage! One day I hope to visit some of the far northern countries.
|Josef Frank chair|
Well, I hope you feel you know me a little better!
Now for the hard part.....there are so very many blogs out there that are stylish, beautiful, informative etc that it is almost impossible to choose who to give this award to....but here I go (and I would include you too Angie!)
Uit Het Breitaske
Crochet with Raymond
All Fingers and Thumbs
By Elizabeth Cat
The Flitter Knitter
Handmade at Home