Hello friends....like a lot of people at the moment I have been trying to get over a really horrible cold. I still have a cough but am feeling much better. The result is not much crafting and nothing finished so still nothing to show. I was inspired by Heather at Little Tin Bird and here are my 20 Christmas questions:
20 Christmas Questions
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Without a doubt...wrapping paper. I love the actual process of wrapping up presents. Since my son was born I have a Christmas Eve ritual once he is in bed. I wrap his presents while having a glass or two of Crabbie's Ginger Wine (yum) and watch either Scrooge (with Alastair Simm) or It's a Wonderful Life. Love that special time.
I found this gorgeous gift wrap at Luxe Paperie...
2. Real tree or Artificial? I always have a real tree with roots so it can go into the garden after Christmas is over. I just love the smell of the tree too.
3. When do you put up the tree? We put up the tree a week before Christmas. This usually coincides with my boy finishing school so it is done as part of the final week preparations. He complained a couple of days a go that he was the only boy in his class without a tree! It is good....it teaches him deferred gratification!!!
4. When do you take the tree down? Twelfth Night. I am always sad when the tree comes down...it is all over then.
5. Favorite gift received as a child? I desperately, desperately wanted a Tiny Tears baby doll when I was about 8 years old. Mum would put our presents in piles on each end of a long sofa...one side for me, one for my sister. I opened my lovely presents and then said to Mum (and I can remember this!), "I have everything that I wanted except for Tiny Tears". She pointed to a present I had somehow overlooked and there it was! She had dressed it in the most fabulous outfit she had knitted herself too.
6. Hardest person to buy for? Men. Enough said!
7. Easiest person to buy for? My boy...who gets so much pleasure from even the tiniest little gift.
8. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail. It is lovely collecting cards from the doormat! Here are some beauties I found this year....
This is from the V&A Museum and is from a 1918 design by Voysey...
Again from the V&A, the cut paper collage dates from 1707 and the other design is from a 1955 wallpaper....
9. Favorite Christmas Movie? It's as Wonderful Life. Sentimental maybe, but a fantastic lesson about what is important in life. I never fail to well up with tears at the end. And my son and I have discovered the joy of A Charlie Brown Christmas. Gorgeous!
10. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Nowhere near as early as I should. I have very organised friends who start in the New Year sales!
11. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No but I don't see anything wrong with it.
12. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? All of it! All the special things that are associated with Christmas, such as pudding and mince pies. I usually eat too much of it though!
13. Lights on the tree (colored or clear)? I prefer clear but my son likes coloured...so coloured it is!
I love these chili pepper lights from Amazon....
14. Favourite Christmas song? I'm a bit of a traditionalist and love old carols, in particular God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen. I also love any Christmas choral music.
15. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Since my boy was born, Christmas is always spent with family and I really enjoy it. Sometimes at home, sometimes with my sister. I don't really mind. It is who you are with that is important.
16. Angel, star or ribbon on top of tree? Angel.
17. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning! We also stagger the little S's present opening so that it isn't just one frenzy of unwrapping. It also prolongs the pleasure!
18. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The commercialisation of Christmas and the whole thing starting way too early.
19. What do you want for Christmas this year? Well you may have seen my Christmas list! I will be happy with whatever Father Christmas brings me!
20. Traditional colors (red and green) or other colors? I like to use lots of different colours.
Thanks again to Heather for inspiring this. I would love to see your Christmas questions and answers! xx